Tuesday 15 May 2012

May She Said Beauty Box

Hey guys! So i know this is probably a little later than other reviews, but i like to give myself time to use the products i receive in beauty boxes to actually give you an honest opinion of what i think. So this is what i received in the May She Said Beauty Box and also what i thought of the products.
The first thing i was drawn to when i opened up the box were these super cute false eyelashes. They're from The Vintage Cosmetic Company and i received the 'Nancy' pair. Without sounding hypocritical, i haven't had the chance to use these yet because i haven't been out anywhere nice enough to put on false eyelashes. However, i'm sure you'll all agree that the packaging is to die for, and these are the kind of lashes that really make your eyes pop without going overboard. They also come with glue which is fab and they are re-usable. These retail at £6.00 - not bad!
The next product was also full sized. This is what i like about She Said, the majority of products are full sized and you really get your money's worth! Anyway, this was the Natio Lotus Soap, this one was in Pink Lotus. It definitely feels like a luxury soap, it's meant to enhance a calming mood and mind. I'm not sure if i would go as far as to say that it has this magical calming effect, but it's nice enough. It smells like an aromatherapy product, so it's nice to use in a hot bath. 3 of these in a pack cost £8.50.
The bonus products in this box were three skin care samples from Snowberry. These included 2 day creams and an eye serum. I've used both the day creams and they feel nourishing and moisturising, plus again, i really love the packaging. They include the little kiwi bird because the natural ingredients are sourced from New Zealand. As far as i could tell, these weren't scented, but i have had a cold lately :P
The next item was again full sized and it was this gorgeous Lip Whip by Inika. I am totally in love with the shade, it's this lovely orange-y coral colour which looks lovely on my hand, however on my lips it's a little bit more sheer. I think this is a lovely product, but i wouldn't spend £14.50 on it. I do appreciate that this is a vegan product and it does contain essential nutrients, but i think you can find cheaper alternatives that are just as good as this.
Admittedly i haven't tried the Green People Tan Accelerator yet because i'm saving it for the summer. It's a perfect size to take on holiday, and i'm really looking forward to giving this a go. It's supposed to speed up your tan by 25%!
Finally, i also received this perfume sample by Kim Kardashian. I'm not a fan of perfume samples in beauty boxes, but i really like this one. Probably because it's a roll on, which means i can chuck it in my handbag and use it to freshen up when necessary. The scent is quite fresh and sophisticated which again shocked me how much i like it! 

 Do you guys subscribe to beauty boxes? What did you get this month?

8 comments:

  1. This box looks great, love the rollerball perfume idea. I have said before I don't really enjoy perfume samples as I find them impractical, the little ones you get that I always end up spilling etc. But this looks perfect for just throwing in your handbag, I wish rollerballs were more available these days. And those lashes...wow!

    Becky

    Beckys Makeup

    ReplyDelete
  2. The rollerball perfume looks great !
    I love the idea :)

    www.launainponderland.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, this box seems like a great idea - seems like you got some lovely stuff (: Do let us know how you get on with the eyelashes; I've only ever had bad experiences with false eyelashes in general so I'd like to see if these are good! And I'm interested to try that scent, now :) ♥

    Sarah ^.^

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh I'd love to try the Inka lip Whip! I like this box a lot :) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the look of those false lashes, and that Inika lip whip is such a lovely colour! From what I've seen so far, She Said Beauty looks like a really good box :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely products, nice to see what comes in beauty boxes despite the Glossybox! Particularly like the look of the 'Nancy' false eyelashes xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. this looks like such a lovely box! extra girly :)

    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I get Glossybox but recently I've thought about moving over to SSB, it looks like you guys get much more interesting stuff.

    Kate x

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day and i try and reply to each and every one. Please leave your kind words below! ♥