Hey guys, how is everyone? I've been lacking a little bit lately on the blogging front even though i have a gazillion things to share with you guys. One of these things is the Montagne Jeunesse Clay Spa face masks which I've been kindly sent to try. These are a little different from the usual masks as they're made from a specially sourced clay which is cleverly infused into a soft, natural bamboo fabric. I have to admit, having fabric on your face is a little strange to begin with but there are actually a few advantages to this form of skin care!
What I liked:-
- First of all, i have to point out the beautiful packaging this was sent in. It makes the products feel really luxurious and expensive and would also make a lovely gift for any beauty/skincare fanatic. It was also really interesting to read through the facts about Montagne Jeunesse as a company and how they've grown.
- The idea of using a cloth as the mask means it's really easy to apply and also really easy to remove. This means it's a lot less messy than a normal face mask.
- The product left my skin feeling soft and fresh.
- Montagne Jeunesse is a vegetarian approved brand and the products are made from natural ingredients, so there are no nasty unknown chemicals damaging your skin and you're saving the bunnies :-)
I enjoyed using the products, however there may be a few things that could be improved..
What I disliked:-
(Mmm, so attractive! But, like i said, you can clearly see this was way too big for my face!)
- Because the product is made of cloth, placing material onto the skin is a really odd sensation and it made my face feel really heavy and irritated. I felt like the slightest twitch or movement could make it fall off!
- Also, because the cloth has to fit a generic facial shape, it was far too big for my face and the gaps for your nose and mouth meant that patches of my skin were left out.
- I did also feel like there wasn't enough product on the cloth? Or maybe that's just me being a bit greedy.
- The scent wasn't displeasing, but it wasn't pleasing either.. The products smelt a little bit like chlorine.
- I did not look attractive wearing this thing, but then again, who does in a face mask! Oh the things we do to save our skin..
Montagne Jeunesse Clay Spas are £1.49 and are available from Boots (Mid-August), Asda (September) and www.montagnejeunesse.com