Wednesday 13 June 2012

Melvita

After receiving a few products from the Melvita range to try, I realised that my mum would probably enjoy trying these so I got her to answer these questions regarding her thoughts on the range.




Q1: Which was your favourite product from the range and why? I liked using all of the products but the Shea butter was soft, smooth and creamy so it's probably my favourite. It feels really nice and silky when you apply it and smells pleasantly mildly fruity and floral. I also really like the body milk because it's so rich and creamy and sinks into the skin really easily. It also feels so nice when you apply it, and smells faintly like honey. I don't normally like fruity, sweet fragrances but these are lovely because they're not heavy, they are mild and subtle.



Q2: What do you like about the range? They have a feel of luxury to them and are so skin friendly. My skin seems to really "drink" it up! But without that drying feeling, more plump and hydrated.
Q3: What didn't you like about the range or what could be improved? The argon roller ball oil wasn't terribly easy to use, maybe it would be better in a droplet syringe or in a squeezable bottle. It would also be useful to know more about the products on the packaging, like is the Shea butter suitable for nails or eyelids or eczema etc..






Q4: Would you recommend these products to a friend? And who do you think these products are aimed for? I would recommend them to a friend and i think they're aimed at people who enjoy using skin care products. I think they're also aimed at people who use natural ingredients which should be promoted and how the ingredients act on the skin. They are probably best suited to the 30+ market because of their anti ageing properties so they'd make a good gift for mums, aunts, grandma's and so on.




Q5: Would you repurchase the products? If i knew where to by them i would, i'd definitely get the Shea butter.
Q6: Anything else you'd like to add? I'd like to know about any other products they've got. Also, just to mention the rose water which can be used as a toner. I enjoyed using this product because it has a thicker consistency than most toners and it has a mild rose fragrance which is very refreshing. It's also very gentle and doesn't sting like other toners I've used before, i just think it's really refreshing!


One product i have personally really enjoyed using was the eye make up remover simply because of how gentle it is. I thought it was strange that it's in two parts, you have to shake it to blend the two, but it just works so well. Everyone has raved about the Bioderma, i haven't tried it myself, but this is what i'd guess it feels like. It's got a water-like consistency but it's oil based. Anyway, i'd totally recommend it, it would be nice if these products were more readily available!
So overall, I'd definitely recommend the eye make up remover and mum is a big promoter of the Shea butter. Melvita has been lovely to try though and it's nice to know we are using organic ingredients rather than something that has been artificially modified. Also, a big thank you to my mum for answering the questions! Hope you enjoyed her input :)




Have you heard of Melvita? What's your favourite product?
PS - Don't forget to enter my "The Accessory Stand" giveaway here ending Monday!

4 comments:

  1. I love the Melvita range. I had a travel kit for sensitive skin, I would love to try some more of the range. I adore shea butter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ive never heard of this brand, would love to try that rosewater :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've always wanted to try the Melvita Rose Extraordinary Water - It looks so good! I like that the range is natural and eco friendly :) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look so luxurious and pretty! The Shea butter sounds amazing!

    Sarah
    http://fashionismyh2o.blogspot.co.uk/
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day and i try and reply to each and every one. Please leave your kind words below! ♥