Friday 28 October 2011

Tapas and Sangria

Hola! I've arrived home safe and sound from a gorgeous trip to the city of Barcelona. Well actually i arrived home 2 days ago and meant to do this post then, but due to some unfortunate upsetting news i've had to postpone.. anyway.. I had such a wonderful time in Barca, if you've been there before you'll know what i mean when i say how beautiful the city is and because i went with sixth form, we were very lucky and able to see all the famous sights and landmarks. I feel very culturally inspired!
I'd quite like to share with you what i got up to each day so if decided to do 2 parts to my trip a bit like a diary.. enjoy! 
2.30am - Arrive at KLB to catch the coach to the airport. 
6.55am - Plane departs from Bristol airport to Barcelona - Yes we flew with Ryanair and yes they were awful! The staff were really rude and the journey felt really uncomfortable. The sky looked pretty though!
(Sorry about poor picture quality - All shots were taken on my iPhone unless otherwise stated.)

1.00pm Next stop was Salvador Dali's museum in Figueres. You guys probably know Dali is a surrealist artist and he has some extraordinary talent on him! I loved his work - it's a shame i was so knackered from travelling. Anyway we went around the museum snapping some pics and drawing a few quick sketches. 
3.00pm Late lunch in Figueres.

(Dali's famous piece of a face.)
(Loved this piece!)



5.00pm Next we had the opportunity to do a bit of shopping in Port Vell which is just like a mall. I picked up some bits and bobs in Bershka and Shana which are a couple of Spanish retailers. We then popped into Fresco for tea, mmmm Frozen Yoghurt! 
Stripy Jumper - €7.99 from Shana. I got this is size M because they didn't have a small :( But have now managed to shrink it in the wash! Clever me..
Snakeskin printed Skirt - €9.99 from Shana size S - I love this! It has a leathery look about it but flows really nicely.
Triangle chain earrings - €4 from Bershka 
Wings earrings - £5 from Superdrug

Day Two - 
8.30am - Breakfast
9.30am - Morning walk on The Ramblas - Sooo many Pickpockets it was crazy! But honestly, it was such a gorgeous little strip where you can buy almost anything! 
I just had some watermelon juice which was very yummy! I also bought some postcards and other bits and bobs for my sketchbook.
11.15am We visited Picasso's Museum. Unfortunately we weren't allowed to take photo's - Sorry! But it was a very interesting museum, there was quite a lot of surrealism there too actually.
1.00pm - Lunch in the Gothic Quarter. We found a little bar type place called, "Bready" and had a quick bite to eat.
Quick outfit picture in Bready - I basically wore all my new purchases as shown above, with black tights and my LLYMRS rings with some black ankle studded booties and a brown woven waist belt. 
2.00pm We then went for a walking tour of the Old Quarter of Barcelona and continued our walk down the Ramblas ending the day ascending Christopher Columbus's Monument. I was exhausted at this point and did not want to ascend anything! Let alone a 200ft tower! But i'm so glad i did because the views were spectacular.

As you can see, we were able to see the entire of Barcelona in all it's glory. Luckily enough we were even up there at sunset and were able to get some beautiful photographs. Finally to end the day we went back to Port Vell for Fresco's.
(Port Vell)

Have any of you guys been to Barcelona before? I'd love to hear about your experiences, where you visited etc.. 
This is obviously only a couple of days in Barca so i will do a follow up post soon, Hope you guys are all well and sorry about the blogging break!

Have a fantastic weekend, Happy Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day and i try and reply to each and every one. Please leave your kind words below! ♥